Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority
Job Classification Specification
Pay Grade B40
|Under moderate supervision, cleans, maintains, stocks, and transports materials at the central warehouse.
|Differs from Stock Clerk in that Utility “A” performs a combination of custodial and warehouse duties, while Stock Clerk performs clerical work involving the receipt, storage, issuance, and inventory of vehicle parts and other materials.
Supervised by: Manager, Materiel; Materiel Supervisor
In order to achieve Metro’s goals in support of its mission, potential candidates are
required to commit and continuously practice and demonstrate the following work values:
Examples of Duties
- Safety – To ensure that our employees, passengers
and the general public’s safety is always our first consideration.
- Service Excellence – To provide safe, clean, reliable,
on-time, courteous service for our clients and customers.
- Workforce Development – To make Metro a learning organization
that attracts, develops, motivates and retains a world-class workforce.
- Accountability for Performance and Fiscal Responsibility – To manage every taxpayer and customer-generated dollar as if it were coming from our own pocket and ensure the highest possible return on investment.
- Innovation and Technology – To actively participate in identifying
best practices for continuous improvement.
- Sustainability – To reduce, reuse and recycle all internal resources
and reduce green-house gas emissions.
- Integrity – To rely on the professional ethics and honesty of every
- Teamwork – To actively blend our individual talents to achieve world-class
performance and service.
- Civil Rights – To actively promote compliance with all civil rights statutes,
regulations and policies.
- Community – To actively engage with the Community as it relates to Metro interest/services.
- Sweeps and scrubs floors, shelves, and shop areas; maintains clean work area
Operates Metro vehicle to pick up and deliver materials, supplies, furniture, and equipment
Operates a forklift to lift and move drums, parts, glass, and other materials, and load and unload supplies from all Metro vehicles
Completes reports pertaining to scrap material and waste oil
Contributes to ensuring that the EEO policies and programs of Metro are carried out
Distributes inter-office mail
Essential Knowledge and Abilities
- Basic warehousing and delivery procedures
Vehicle operations and safety
Safety rules related to warehouse and custodial work
- Follow oral and written instructions
Communicate effectively with others
Safely operate a forklift and Metro vehicles
Lift, stock, and transport materials
Independently lift and move objects weighing up to 55 pounds; lift and move objects weighing over 80 pounds with assistance
Interact professionally with various levels of Metro employees and outside representatives
Travel to offsite locations within a reasonable timeframe
Read, write, speak, and understand English
Potential candidates interested in the UTILITY "A"/TCU position MUST meet
the following requirements:
- 6 months experience performing janitorial/custodial or warehouse duties
Experience must include operation of a forklift
Possession of a forklift certification/license or the ability to obtain a forklift certification/license within the first two weeks assigned to the Utility "A"/TCU job classification
Valid California Class C drivers license
- Must comply with all California Occupational Safety and Health Administration (Cal/OSHA) regulations and utilize approved safety equipment and personal protective gear including, but not limited to, respirators, eye and hearing protective devices (HPD), if and when required
This job specification is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of duties, responsibilities, or requirements. Employees may be required to perform other related job duties.
Date Originally Created: 5/15/1995
Date Last Revised: 5/13/2019 12:01:54 PM