Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority
Job Classification Specification
Pay Grade A10
|Under close supervision, performs unskilled vehicle servicing duties and cleans maintenance shop areas.
|Differs from Utility “A” in that Utility “B” works day shift only and does not drive coaches within the maintenance yard, while Utility “A” works any shift and drives coaches within the maintenance yard.
Supervised by: Equipment Maintenance Supervisor
In order to achieve Metro’s goals in support of its mission, potential candidates are
required to commit and continuously practice and demonstrate the following work values:
Examples of Duties
- Safety – To ensure that our employees, passengers
and the general public’s safety is always our first consideration.
- Service Excellence – To provide safe, clean, reliable,
on-time, courteous service for our clients and customers.
- Workforce Development – To make Metro a learning organization
that attracts, develops, motivates and retains a world-class workforce.
- Accountability for Performance and Fiscal Responsibility – To manage every taxpayer and customer-generated dollar as if it were coming from our own pocket and ensure the highest possible return on investment.
- Innovation and Technology – To actively participate in identifying
best practices for continuous improvement.
- Sustainability – To reduce, reuse and recycle all internal resources
and reduce green-house gas emissions.
- Integrity – To rely on the professional ethics and honesty of every
- Teamwork – To actively blend our individual talents to achieve world-class
performance and service.
- Civil Rights – To actively promote compliance with all civil rights statutes,
regulations and policies.
- Community – To actively engage with the Community as it relates to Metro interest/services.
- Cleans, sweeps, and mops vehicle interiors
Lift and moves supplies
Maintains cleanliness of maintenance facilities
Contributes to ensuring that the EEO policies and programs of Metro are carried out
Essential Knowledge and Abilities
- Materials and methods used in janitorial work
- Understand and follow oral and written instructions and procedures
Communicate effectively with others
Maintain simple written records
Tolerate exposure to noise, unpleasant odors
Lift and move objects weighing up to 50 pounds
Read, write, speak, and understand English
Potential candidates interested in the UTILITY "B" position MUST meet
the following requirements:
- Valid California Class C drivers license
- Must comply with all California Occupational Safety and Health Administration (Cal/OSHA) regulations and utilize approved safety equipment and personal protective gear including, but not limited to, respirators, eye and hearing protective devices (HPD), if and when required
This job specification is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of duties, responsibilities, or requirements. Employees may be required to perform other related job duties.
Date Originally Created: 4/24/1995
Date Last Revised: 5/11/2005