Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority
Job Classification Specification
WORKERS' COMPENSATION MAIL AND FILE CLERK
Pay Grade BD1
|Under moderate supervision, picks up, processes, distributes & delivers mail, and maintains files in Workers Compensation.
In order to achieve Metro’s goals in support of its mission, potential candidates are
required to commit and continuously practice and demonstrate the following work values:
Examples of Duties
- Safety – To ensure that our employees, passengers
and the general public’s safety is always our first consideration.
- Service Excellence – To provide safe, clean, reliable,
on-time, courteous service for our clients and customers.
- Workforce Development – To make Metro a learning organization
that attracts, develops, motivates and retains a world-class workforce.
- Accountability for Performance and Fiscal Responsibility – To manage every taxpayer and customer-generated dollar as if it were coming from our own pocket and ensure the highest possible return on investment.
- Innovation and Technology – To actively participate in identifying
best practices for continuous improvement.
- Sustainability – To reduce, reuse and recycle all internal resources
and reduce green-house gas emissions.
- Integrity – To rely on the professional ethics and honesty of every
- Teamwork – To actively blend our individual talents to achieve world-class
performance and service.
- Civil Rights – To actively promote compliance with all civil rights statutes,
regulations and policies.
- Community – To actively engage with the Community as it relates to Metro interest/services.
- Picks up and distributes mail within Workers Compensation
Picks up, sorts, opens, date stamps, queries, distributes and delivers departmental mail
Uses push cart for mail pick up, distribution and delivery
Operates commercial mail opener machines to open mail
Enters data into computer system for queries and mail routing
Operates photocopy machines and duplicates materials
Maintains files by scanning, retrieving and adding correspondence and reports
Maintains accurate filing system and complies with established timeframes
Operates computer and scanning machine for file maintenance
Assists in the basic maintenance of office equipment and resolves minor malfunctions
Observes time sensitive procedures and adheres to legally mandated timeframes
Orders and maintains inventory of stationary and office supplies
Stocks computer room with computer and Xerox paper, tapes, and supplies
Contributes to ensuring that the EEO policies and programs of Metro are carried out
Essential Knowledge and Abilities
- General office practice and procedures
- File materials alphabetically, chronologically, and numerically
Maintain accurate records management system
Sort mail by type, regular mail vs
- legal documents
Operate office equipment utilized in mail distribution and file maintenance
Type 15 words per minute
Maintain simple office inventory records
Follow oral and written instructions
Interact professionally with various levels of Metro employees and outside representatives
Communicate effectively with others
Read, write, speak, and understand English
Potential candidates interested in the WORKERS' COMPENSATION MAIL AND FILE CLERK position MUST meet
the following requirements:
- 1 year of experience performing general clerical duties including records management
This job specification is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of duties, responsibilities, or requirements. Employees may be required to perform other related job duties.
Date Originally Created: 3/20/2015 8:37:02 AM
Date Last Revised: 3/20/2015 8:53:18 AM