Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority
Job Classification Specification
ASSIGNMENT COORDINATOR CLERK
Pay Grade BA7
|Under direction, coordinates, dispatches and schedules the delivery of Metros critical material requirements; Schedules the weekly work assignments for the Agency Relief Personnel to maintain storeroom coverage at all Metro storerooms; Maintains the Division Operations fuel data requirements; Maintains and updates the TCU Overtime Roster; Provides clerical support to supervision, and performs other related duties.
|This class is located in Metro Operations. It is distinguished from other clerical classes by its responsibility to determine priority material requirements, dispatching and coordination of delivery schedules, scheduling and assigning relief manpower requirements, assigning personnel to cover vacancies, plus other scheduling, coordinating, and assigning tasks.
Supervised by: Manager, Materiel; Materiel Supervisor; Service Representative
In order to achieve Metro’s goals in support of its mission, potential candidates are
required to commit and continuously practice and demonstrate the following work values:
Examples of Duties
- Safety – To ensure that our employees, passengers
and the general public’s safety is always our first consideration.
- Service Excellence – To provide safe, clean, reliable,
on-time, courteous service for our clients and customers.
- Workforce Development – To make Metro a learning organization
that attracts, develops, motivates and retains a world-class workforce.
- Accountability for Performance and Fiscal Responsibility – To manage every taxpayer and customer-generated dollar as if it were coming from our own pocket and ensure the highest possible return on investment.
- Innovation and Technology – To actively participate in identifying
best practices for continuous improvement.
- Sustainability – To reduce, reuse and recycle all internal resources
and reduce green-house gas emissions.
- Integrity – To rely on the professional ethics and honesty of every
- Teamwork – To actively blend our individual talents to achieve world-class
performance and service.
- Civil Rights – To actively promote compliance with all civil rights statutes,
regulations and policies.
- Community – To actively engage with the Community as it relates to Metro interest/services.
- Prioritizes critical material requirements for Operations
Schedules delivery of material agency-wide
Dispatches the delivery vehicles
Assists in prioritizing vacancy coverage requirements at all storeroom locations
Assigns & schedules Agency Relief Personnel to cover vacancies
Maintains, updates, and distributes the departmental overtime rosters for all TCU materiel personnel
Maintains fuel data information
Prepares written communications, such as letters, memos and reports
Provides clerical support to Materiel Management Staff
Performs other related duties
Contributes to ensuring that the EEO policies and programs of Metro are carried out
Essential Knowledge and Abilities
- Complex recordkeeping; General office practices and procedures
- Make priority decisions and work independently
Provide direction to others
Operate a base station radio communication system
Read, write, speak and understand oral/written communications
Communicate effectively with others
Type 30 net words per minute
Operate a calculator and computer terminal
Prepare general correspondence and reports
Proofread work and identify errors
Maintain confidentiality of materials and files
Read, write, speak, and understand English
Potential candidates interested in the ASSIGNMENT COORDINATOR CLERK position MUST meet
the following requirements:
- Two (2) years of responsible clerical experience involving complex recordkeeping
Two (2) years experience in a lead person role overseeing other personnel
The applicant will be required to pass one or more of the following: written test(s), performance test(s) and oral interview
- Must have a valid California drivers license
Must have a satisfactory attendance record
This job specification is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of duties, responsibilities, or requirements. Employees may be required to perform other related job duties.
Date Originally Created: 4/24/1995
Date Last Revised: 8/1/2012